Provides in-depth knowledge, skill, and experience relating primarily to aircraft avionics and systems as well as associated alteration and repair programs. Conducts daily task activities to monitor, assess, and take appropriate actions needed to maintain aircraft equipment safely, reliably, and economically. Liaises directly with equipment manufacturers and service providers to develop and produce technical data and documents used in the maintenance and repair of company aircraft. Provides after-hours engineering support to Maintenance Control during AOG situations.
Job Requirements: Job Qualifications:
This position requires an individual that can perform each essential duty and responsibility completely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.Education / Experience:Education
Possess Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent level of experience in a mechanical or aeronautical discipline.Experience Required:
At least 3 years’ experience processing avionics/systems engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline).Language Skills:
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have very competent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to read and write fluently in the English language.
- Possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (preferred, required if not degreed).
- Basic mathematical competency
- Knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Basic Trigonometry to support engineering analysis
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs in order to access aircraft when in the hangar.
- Must have a good working knowledge of FAR’s with emphasis on parts 121, 91, 43, 25, 26, 21.
- Must be able to analyze Airworthiness Directives and manufacturers service information.
- Avionics/Systems knowledge/experience of ERJ145, ERJ170/175, CRJ700, and/or CRJ900 is desired; will consider other aircraft experience
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience using AutoCAD software to produce engineering drawings (preferred).
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Generate engineering documents (EOs / EAs) to specify actions required to comply with ADs and to accomplish service bulletins, alterations, repairs, and the manufacture of company produced parts.
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance Control, Line Maintenance, and Check Maintenance for avionics/systems issues.
- Provide after-hours engineering support during AOG situations
- Generate FCDs for accomplishment of fleet inspections.
- Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc) to determine applicability and impact to company fleet.
- Present engineering proposals to MRB, as required.
- Coordinate avionics/systems issues (for example, emergency equipment, galley loading) with applicable departments (for example, In-Flight, Flight Operations, and Ground Operations).
- Other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in enclosed workstation and periodically in an open work environment (hangar). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by interviewing manager(s). All interested candidates must send their resume to the interviewing manager, no later than the position close date. Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: TSH 01-2015